Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March 16, 2009

Hola amigos y amigas y familia!

Como estamos? I´m doing really well here after an initial week of tough work. It turned out to be a pretty good week after all but i´m not gonna lie. i was hating life after the first 12 hours in this sector. I have come to realize that the Lord is testing me in this sector. I´ve never been so homesick in my life.i´m not sure what the whole cause of it has been. Elder Evans and I had a rough couple of days where it seemed like we couldn´t agree on anything but in the end I just decided that I was going to follow his direction and do what it was that he wanted me to do. I gotta admit I don´t feel like i´ve learned a lot of Spanish or anything in this week but at least we are in unity right!?! Haha no its not really all that bad. To be honest its just this sector. Its freaken HUGE!! And I dunno, just might be huge for this mission but the second day I was here we decided we were gonna knock this street in the south end of our sector (we live in the middle) and it took us a freaken hour to walk there! It took us 20 minutes to walk from one end to the other in Sotero so that was a huge shock but I have gotten over it and have come to the realization that the work is going to be a lot slower in this area for a number of reasons.. 1 the people are hard hearted. 2 it’s a huge sector. When we set up an appt and it falls through the next day it’s a waste of the whole day cuz it takes us an hour to walk there and find out that it was a false address or something. 3 we freaken stop at every crosswalk and wait for the green walking man. Yeah, its just funny now but it was way annoying the first like 10 times when he told me he was uncomfortable crossing the crosswalk. Now I just laugh! Haha so yeah, on the plus side of life! We do have an investigator with a bap date for this week! Her name is Alejandra and she is super rad! She goes to church faithfully and yesterday she brought a friend with her too which was super cool! Anyways her struggles are the word of wisdom so please, PRAY! Yeah we´ve got faitht hat she can overcome these problems so hopefully our faith will be manifest next Sunday! Anyways i´m outta time I gotta bounce but I love you all and thank you for your support in everything! Elder evans and I are fine now so don’t stress that! We just couldn´t find out anything in common until like 2 days ago so now were cool and can PREACH TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Love ya alls,

Elder livingstone

No comments: