Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March 30, 2008

HOLY COW!!!

Has it really been another week? This is crazy how fast the time flies. On one hand its awesome, on the other hand I realize I only have 19+ months left… yowsers! Sounds like a lot of time but when I started out with 24(that’s how long 2 years is right? Just kidding I know!!) anyways I see that I don´t have a whole lifetime to spend here and that makes me sad. Its crazy how the mission is, my emotions are through the roof awesome on top of the world one minute and then within like 5 minutes I experience the lowest of lows. Its like alma the younger felt when he was in his comma.. I love it cuz then I go right back up on the high end within minutes or hours but its just weird how it happens… like the story last week of how the baptism wasn’t going to happen but then it did. We had the same circus this week. Alejandra told us that she wasn´t going to be able to come to her confirmation this week in sacrament meeting. Yeah, that was the low part, she wasn´t going to be able to make it cuz her and her husband are on the outs at this moment. Meaning that he is living with his parents.. kinda sad but she knows that the church can help her find a better person that isn´t such a slob. Anyhow he wanted her to come to the park on Sunday so he could see their child and she had told him yes but luckily we were able to go over on Saturday to convince her not to do it but she had already made the decision to not do it. She told us that she wanted to have the Holy Ghost with her so she didn´t want to go to the park on Sunday! That was the high part!! I love it when people make good decisions on their own, obviously it is influenced by the spirit but I love it when they start to WANT to make the right decisions on their own. Not because we tell them that’s what God wants but when they can feel, in their own lives that that is what God wants. That’s when you know that they are really making the changes necessary in their lives! WOOOHOOO!!!

Things are going well here outside of that. It was a really slow week. We had the weekend/day of the day of Joven Combatiante. I think that means the day of youth combat or something.. anyways it was kinda lame because we had to go in early the whole week cuz there was riots and stuff!! EXCITING!! We heard people screaming in the streets and everything! Unfortunately we were not able to see any real violence or anything but I guess i´ll just have to wait until next year to see that stuff if i´m back in the ghetto at that time!!! Here´s to hoping! Haha yeah I don´t know why they have that day. Its kinda stupid, it’s a national holiday were they police don´t really stop any violence and they just let young people riot.. i´m still really confused, if anyone could Wikipedia it and get back to me i´d appreciate it cuz they tried to explain it to me many times this week(members) but I never really understood.. it could’ve been that I don´t understand Spanish still or it cuold´ve been… hm… yep i´m pretty sure its cuz I still don´t understand spansih!!haha just kidding, but seriously, everybody that’s not from chile say that the Chileans speak like garbage so thats why i´m still struggling, I guess the problem is that they speak really fast and they drop a lot of S´s at the end of words and some N´s so all the words just kinda mix together. Its hard to explain and even harder to understand so basically please just pray for me! Haha! Well I gotta jet but I hope that everyone is doing fine, I love to get letters from everyone! This week I got letters from Tito&gang, K+S+S, Mom and dad, Shan and Grandma.. if your name isn’t on that list feel bad. But don’t worry, there is hope, its called repentance and you can feel better by writing me!!!! Haha just kidding hugs kisses and everybody stop saying how excited they are for July!! Making me stinkin TRUNKY!!!
LOVES LOVES!!!
elder livingstone

No comments: