Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March 23, 2009

Hola hola buenes dias!

Hey ya´ll how is life treatin ya? Life is good down here in the south of America. I´ve got a question for tyler, Heidi, jayson, brent, Kevin, nancy and all others who served at some point of there mission in a metropolitan part of their mission.. HOW DID YOU DO IT? Haha no i´m just playin, I really love it here in el golf. Its still a little tough cuz the people are kinda hard hearted and we can´t really make an effect contact through a speaker phone but were workin hard and doin all that we can to keep up the good work so that’s all that matters right? Lift where you stand is the saying.. so yeah, we´re lifting where we stand and we´re also super excited for the next time that we get to hear from that amazing German. Can you believe that conference is already here again! YES!!!! I´m kinda bummed I wont get to listen to it from the leather couches and comfort of the cabin but I guess all good things are worth waiting for right? Onto the real business.

It was really good to hear from everyone who wrote this past week. Mom and dad, Kevin amy, Heidi jayson, tyler nancy, and the rest thank you for your letters of support and update. Seriously I love to hear about the family and their ongoings, I wish I could be there to share the good times but I can´t at this moment so reading about them is the best that I can do.. in other words thank you for the letters and the rest of you, your slackers. But I still love you… hahaha I love the missionary mantle!

A little bit about my week. We had a pretty good week. Elder evans and I are really starting to get along. It took some days of just getting to work which was kinda tough. Especially since his girl friend dear johned him this week. What a jerk!! Haha and the worst part is that its to one of his good friends! But we both knew that the best way to get over a sick heart was some hard work so that is what we did! The sad part is that there is not a lot of new investigators to show for our hard work but on the plus side we did have a baptism! The great part is that it almost fell through. K that’s not the great part. The great part is that we can see that the hard work and prayer paid off this week. Alejandra was having some struggles with her husband, but we were there to comfort her and try to help her to overcome these things through the power of the spirit. We gave her a proclamation on the family which really helped and I think the fact that we sincerely were praying for her every minute of every day made the difference too. We truly saw the Lords hand in this work when we got a call Sunday morning that she wasn´t going to come to church or to her baptism. We prayed prayed prayed our hearts out that the conflicts with her husband would resolve themselves and lo and behold. We got a call an hour later (in Sunday school) that she was going to be able to make it! Hooray for the SPIRIT!!! So yeah, alls well that ends well. Unfortunately she thinks that she is going to be divorcing her husband in the next five months but on the plus side its because he is a really bad example for their child and so its in their best interest. .. and so that’s my super sweet story of the week. I´ve come the realization that I am horrible at telling stories and even worse at describing them through emails so yeah.. i´m sorry to all who read this and think that i´m just a big idiot who has no English skills but newsflash, you´re right!!

No comments: