Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March 9, 2009

Whats up my family?

Things are good here in Chile Santiago este! I just got changed which is kinda lame cuz Elder Renshaw and I had just set out this killer plan to get the ward back on its feet but I guess he will just have to carry it out without me. I know he can do it and I also know that this is the Lords will that I am here right now. My new area is called las Condis. Yeah, I went from the southern end of the mission all the way up north. It took all of 45 minutes on a subway, which I think i´ve failed to mention up to this point, their metro system. Yeah it kills everything we have back in the USA. That thing is super clean, in more ways than one. It’s a super smooth ride, like butter, also its actually really clean. Like seriously where the heck am I right now? I thought I was going to south America? This place is stinkin baller. For reals I went from the ¨poor¨ part of Chile (not poor at all) just a little gangster, and now i´m in the flippin rich part of the country. My new comp, Elder Evans from Sac-town(sacramento, yeah, i´ve had two nor-cal comps now, kinda weird… or is it???) yeah so my new comp told me that this place was really quico. Meaning rich. Meaning the Hollywood of Chile. Yeah I didn´t believe him but he wasn´t lying. Its kinda a bummer because I was really looking forward to the baptisms and stuff that we had lined up(ana, because she fell through this past week) but now I get to deal with stinking filthy rich people. Can´t lie i´m kinda in a funk when I found out this information. But on the plus side, they have people who actually attend in their ward. Which means they have on average 100 peeps there. Not much compared to the strong wards back in the states but it kills Sotero Del Río. We had 40 people at church yesterday.. regardless i´m rattling on right now just saying worthless information.. lets start a new paragraph, shall we?

Ana- we worked our tails off and threw down a fecha(baptism date) on her this last Sunday, she accepted, told us she had some problems like tea and stuff, nothing too serious but the point is we got her to commit. Little did we know that Satan works really hard against us. K we knew that but we just were hoping he was takin a nap or something. He wasn´t. later on Sunday night she met with all her neighbors and family and they proceeded to shoot down the faith that we had built in her to the point that she is thinking that she is not ready again. What a joke. She´s been taking lessons since June. She always says that she ¨falts¨something. Yeah they only thing she falts is a tunica and a pila baptismal!!!! Bah.. anyways we set up a bunch of stuff for her this past week cuz she had a bunch more time cuz her kids started school etc. . but she bailed on going to the temple twice.. dutch! Anyways we got her to the FHE with the family in our ward that is super rad and we had a good spiritual lesson on faith, including cups, dirt, beans and water. Does anyone know what chapter we read? Bet you can guess!! It was really good and we invited her to attend church (for the 5th time mind you) but she had to support her husband who ran a race or something lame like that yesterday. So end of story, she didn´t go, but that’s not the end of the story I guess cuz she´s gonna get baptized next week or the week after but that’s my experience with her. She´s cool and i´m glad to say that I was able to play a part in her being taught and stuff, 2 points God´s team, 0 for satan!

Yeah, so that’s that, we taught Felipe again on Thursday, we also had lunch with his whole family and taught them on Saturday which was really cool too but unfortunately the whole family was not able to attend this Sunday when he was confirmed a member of the church. Which was awesome by the way! I love it when people get converted, baptized and confirmed! Another point for our team!!! So yeah, his dad who has always been apposed to missionaries and churchs and such went to church on Sunday to see him get confirmed which was a big step. He even told us it was, he said i´m catholic and I´ve never let my wife´s JW´s(Jehovahs witness) friends even in the house to talk with her. Let alone let them teach him, which is exactly what we did! Quality! I love this work! I´m so glad i´m in it. Yeah, so anyways he´s a ¨devout catholic¨ in other words, he likes to claim the religion but never go. I love the catholics! Their base of members are great… seriously, if you want to be a lazy religious person in life, just claim to be catholic! They require nothing!!! And on the plus side you get to worship Cathorine or wherever their name comes from. All I knows is that they´re good people in general but their church is wrong. Wow, weird tangent I just got on.. I don´t know where i´m going with that..

Melanie, she finally got a job which means she had to make her first difficult choice in a long time and she chose… poorly.. she didn´t go to church this last week but she still was pretty dang spiritual when we met with her this week. So i´m not too worried about it. She told us she is going to make a compromise with her work so she can go to church at least 2 a month or something.. i´m just hoping she keeps her promise.

Yeah, I don´t really know what else to say so I will describe how it is here in my new area, called ¨le Golf¨ which translates to ¨the Golf¨ in English… turns out that in this sector we have chile´s largest golf course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAH!!!!!!!! I CAN¨T PLAY AND AM THEREFORE GRIEVED MUCHISMO!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, so basically when I found this out from my comp I was really ticked. On the plus side we can play tennis… I don´t know if that’s good or not. I know i´m no good at tennis so yeah, I got that workin for me. Anyways i´m gonna find a way to play, it will probably be when all ya´ll come to pick me up in 21 months but hey, I have to wait so you do too! Haha so basically what this all means is that its really rich here and that’s gonna be tough but my comp did tell me that they do have an investigator who is progressing very well so that’s tight, i´m stoked on that. Woot woot! Possums… yeah, a little more about the area, its got a ton of freaken sky-scrapers and stuff! BUENO! My comp says that most of the contacts that we make here don´t live in our area. Crap. And that most of the time we get invited into houses by the nannys, whom we cannot teach. Crap. So yeah, he says its really tough but that’s what people said about Sotero as well so i´m just not gonna pay any attention to that and work hard!

My comp. elder evans from sactown, he´s seems like a baller. Legit. He played basketball all in high school and so that is quality. Thankfully he doesn´t like the Kings. That could´ve been bad but yeah, he´s a tall white American(united statsian) like myself so we´ll do work here in Hollywood! Haha yeah, so he´s nineteen, has 8 months in the mission so were gonna ball like that! Two greenys speakin some excellent broken Spanish! PARTY ON WAYNE, PARTY ON GARTH! I don´t know much about him. I just met him and I get the feeling that he doesn´t speak much, like in general. He´s kinda reserved I mean so we´ll see how this goes cuz i´m not exactly the reserved type.. regardless this is gonna be good cuz I know that it is where the Lord wants both he and I so i´m excited! San Demos High School Football Rocks!

i´m outta time, i love you all and hope that life is treating you well!
love your little brother in chile,
elder livingstone

No comments: